The National Capital Tartan Day Committee invites you to attend:
National Tartan Day Congressional Reception
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:00 PM
The Rayburn House Office Building
The Gold Room
This reception will feature remarks about Tartan Day by Congressional leaders, visiting Scottish dignitaries, and prominent Scottish-Americans. – plus entertainment by Scottish-American musicians—fiddlers, pipers and others. Soft drinks, beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres will be served. The reception will also feature two whisky tastings.
RSVP REQUIRED – All attendees must check in at the reception desk
The Wednesday afternoon Capitol Hill Reception on 11 April is “by invitation only” and there is no charge to attend. But to be added to the Guest List, all must register through the NCTDC web form at the bottom of this page. No fee can be charged to attend any event on the U.S. Capitol grounds; however, NCTDC does incur costs to put on the Capitol Hill Reception as well as the Symposium. Accordingly, persons wishing to attend the Capitol Hill Reception are asked to make a voluntary donation to support the work of NCTDC.
(Suggested amount: $35.00.) This can be done by check, made out to “NCTDC”, or online, via PayPal, through our web form at the bottom of this page. All donations to NCTDC are tax-deductible.
5:00PM – Annual Tartan Day Reception, Hosted Jointly by The Friends of Scotland Caucus,
U.S. House of Representatives, and the Nat’l Capital Tartan Day Committee (NCTDC)
· Full buffet and open bar
· Remarks by Co-chairs and Members of the Friends of Scotland Caucus, by visiting guests and dignitaries, and by officers of the local area Scottish-American organizations
· Possible remarks by Donald Trump, President of the United States and himself a Scottish-American. (The President is invited and may attend. His mother, Mary MacLeod, was born on Lewis and emigrated to America as a young woman.)
· Presentation of special awards
– Founders’ Awards to former Congressman Mike McIntyre (D-NC) and current Congressman John Duncan (R-TN), who will be retiring from Congress this year (Together they founded the Friends of Scotland Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2004.)
– Lifetime Achievement Award from the Scottish Coalition, USA to Alan Bain, Chairman-Emeritus of the American-Scottish Foundation (Mr. Bain will be stepping back this year from active involvement.)
· Scottish entertainment
– Scottish vocalist
You may RSVP electronically here below and make your donation through Paypal, or you may RSVP via US mail and make your donation by check to:
Kathy Garrity, President
National Capital Tartan Day Committee
9361 Birchwood Ct., Manassas, VA 20110
NCTDC is a nonprofit charitable and educational organization, incorporated in the District of Columbia, which has been certified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization by the Internal Revenue Service. NCTDC’s sole purpose is to promote the Tartan Day holiday. All contributions to NCTDC are tax deductible, to the extent permitted by federal law.
The 2018 Tartan Day Symposium will extend over three days—from Tuesday, 10 April through Thursday, 12 April 2018. All sessions for the 2018 Symposium require advance reservations and the purchase of tickets, either (1) by check, made out to “NCTDC” and mailed to John King Bellassai, NCTDC Vice President & Symposium Chairman, 4007 Garrison Street, NW, Washington, DC 200216, or (2) online, via PayPal, and purchased through our Website (www.dctartanday,org ). An RSVP List will be maintained at the door for each session of the Annual Symposium.